A & J Johnson Constructions Pty Ltd

A & J Johnson Constructions Pty Ltd - Fully Registered & Insured - Building Beautiful, well crafted, unique homes. Based on Phillip Island, Victoria Australia

A & J Johnson Constructions Pty Ltd is a proud local and family owned building and construction business based on Phillip Island.   New Homes, Renovations, Extensions, Decks, Pergolas, Bathroom Renovations, Kitchen Renovations, Permits & Plans - We have had over 20 years building and renovating various styles of homes. 
We work with some of the best Architects, Draftsmen and designers in Australia and have the most fantastic crew of local trades experts. We can help you create one of the most beautiful homes all designed to fit your budget. Builder Phillip Island Cowes Australia

Filtering by Tag: Building

Landscape your Garden

We recently attended the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show and as usual were inspired by some of the inovative and creative garden spaces created by some amazingly talented Landscape Architects.  We thought it would be a great time to outline what you need to know about Landscaping and whether you need a registered and insured Landscape Builder. Ashley is not only a Registered Builder but he also studied Horticulture at Burnley. We can help you create the ultimate garden and outdoor rooms.


All landscapers should carry public liability insurance - check that they do. Similarly landscape designers should carry professional indemnity insurance.

If your project is larger than $16,000 and you are using a licensed (registered) landscaper, they should provide you with home warranty insurance. Home warranty insurance guarantees the structural components of the project for up to six years - just like warranty insurance when building a house. Unlicensed landscapers cannot offer home warranty insurance.

Using licensed landscapers

Legally all landscapers undertaking structural works (paving, decking, pergolas, pools) over $5,000 should be a registered building practitioner. You can ask to see their license as proof. Only licensed landscapers can offer home warranty insurance. You can find out more about this from the Victorian Building Authority www.vba.vic.gov.au. All relevant member categories of Landscaping Victoria that require a license, are either already licensed, or in the process of becoming so

Will I need a permit?

Your landscape professionals should know and secure all appropriate building permits that you may require. If you are unsure, contact your local council and they will advise you which permits are required. For example fences over 1700mm high require a permit.

Plants to consider

A landscape designer will be able to put togther a plant list specific to your garden. For more ideas, take a walk around your neighbourhood - this will give you a reasonable idea of which plants are doing well in the local area under similar weather and soil conditions and will also give you information about size and maintenance.

Copyright - All Rights Reserved 2015 . A & J Johnson Constructions Pty Ltd ABN 17 118 101 438. PO Box 499, Cowes, VIC 3922, Phillip Island Australia.  Houses Logo protected by International Trademark. Website by Jo Johnson